[Spacewalk-list] Process question - installing SW client RPMs when no Internet access is possible

Larry Clegg lclegg at kyriba.com
Thu Oct 24 22:08:52 UTC 2019

Greetings Spacers,

I am wondering how others handle this situation:

When a new server is provisioned how do you get the Spacewalk client RPMs
installed?  Our internal servers cannot reach the Internet so following the
standard SW client installation procedures is not a viable option for us.
Currently including the RPMs in a pre-built image is also not a viable
option for us at the moment.  I’ve thought about creating an internal repo
that houses the RPMs but I haven’t figured out how to manage all the
dependencies as well.

Thanks for your insight.   Regards,

*Larry E. Clegg*

Systems Engineer (SaaS Platform Operations) | *Kyriba*

[Cell Phone] +1 858-357-5579

[Address] 9620 Towne Centre Drive | Suite 250 | San Diego, California |
92121

www.kyriba.com | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/KyribaCorp> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kyribacorp> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/kyriba-corporation> | Blog