[Spacewalk-list] Problems with OSAD not picking up remote commands

Larry Clegg lclegg at kyriba.com
Mon Sep 30 18:41:37 UTC 2019

Greetings Spacers,

My environment:

SW Server: Centos 7 fully patched and Spacewalk 2.9

SW Client: Centos 6 fully patched and Spacewalk Client 2.9 including OSAD
osad-5.11.107-1.el6.noarch

Issue:  From the SW server I select several systems and issue a remote
command.  Normally OSAD will pick up the remote command within seconds.
Now it is not picking it up for many minutes….even after a normal system
check-in the remote command is still not picked up.  I can login to the
client system and issue a rhn_check –vvvv and see it pick up the remote
command and return the output.    Service osad is running; restarting makes
no difference.

On the SW server:

jabberpy-0.5-0.27.el7.noarch

spacewalk-setup-jabberd-2.9.2-1.el7.noarch

jabberd-2.6.1-1.el7.x86_64

osa-dispatcher-selinux-5.11.107-1.el7.noarch

python2-osa-common-5.11.107-1.el7.noarch

osa-dispatcher-5.11.107-1.el7.noarch

python2-osa-dispatcher-5.11.107-1.el7.noarch

Port 5222 is open with established connections.  I find no errors in any
logs.

I’m at a loss as to where to look now….any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

*Larry E. Clegg*

Systems Engineer (SaaS Platform Operations) | *Kyriba*

[Cell Phone] +1 858-357-5579

[Address] 9620 Towne Centre Drive | Suite 250 | San Diego, California |
92121

www.kyriba.com | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/KyribaCorp> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kyribacorp> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/kyriba-corporation> | Blog