[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and FreeIPA

Simon Avery Simon.Avery at oxygenhouse.com
Wed Apr 8 11:53:11 UTC 2020

Hello Sanjeev

Note - I am not a part of Spacewalk. Freeipa is not relevant to this list, but I know nothing about it anyway.

Spacewalk 2.10 was recently released and announced to be the final version.  As it is end of life, it seems unlikely that any further dev work will be taking place, including future bug and security fixes. (Although I know some similar projects have occasionally later serious security fixes, that is not a given)   My thanks to all who worked on Spacewalk.

In short - it will continue working until it doesn't. You should now be planning to move away from Spacewalk.

The general migration routes from here seem to be either Foreman/Katello, or Uyuni. The former does not suit our needs, but we are actively looking at Uyuni.