[Spacewalk-list] Antwort: Changing root password across the board

Matthias Gruber MGruber at metzler.com
Mon Feb 3 09:58:41 UTC 2020

We do that via Ansible if needed, no SpaceWalk involved

METZLER
Informationstechnologie

Matthias Gruber
IT-Infrastruktur & -Betrieb

B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co.
Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien
Untermainanlage 1
60329 Frankfurt am Main
Telefon (0 69) 21 04 - 43 30
Telefax (0 69) 21 04 - 40 40
MGruber at metzler.com
www.metzler.com

Von:    "Len Ewen" <ewenf at uindy.edu>
An:     spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Datum:  31.01.2020 19:09
Betreff:        [Spacewalk-list] Changing root password across the board
Gesendet von:   spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com

I know this has been in some previous threads but I was wondering if
people could share how they are handling root password changes.  i had
considered using the group commandline tool to do it, but I was wondering
if there were smoother and less dangerous ways to do it.  Thank you for
your help in advance.

---------------

Len Ewen
Systems Administrator 1
Information Technology
University of Indianapolis
(317) 788-3362

Confidentiality Notice: This communication and/or its content are for the
sole use of the intended recipient, and may be privileged, confidential,
or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender and then delete all copies of it.
Unless you are the intended recipient, your use or dissemination of the
information contained in this communication may be illegal.