[Spacewalk-list] "Invalid function call attempted (code 6)"

Paul Greene paul.greene.va at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 23:25:00 UTC 2020

Ok, I thought I'd found the error (but maybe not). The systems that seemed
to be working correctly had their clients installed from a tarball of all
the RPMs needed to install the client. The newer systems that were all
failing got their rhn* packages from our local yum repos. The RPMs from the
tarball, at least most of them, had newer versions than the ones installed
from the yum repos.
So, I built a new system, used the tarballed RPM files to register the
client to the Spacewalk server, and the remote tasks worked correctly. (I
created a task, ran 'rhn_check -vvvv' to run the task right away) The new
system had a kernel # 3.10.0-1062.el7.x86_64.
Then I did a yum update, which left me with kernel #
3.10.0-1062.9.1.el7.x86_64.
After the update, the scheduled tasks started failing again but the errors
were different - I was getting back this in the output of rhn_check:
D: Sending back response(1, 'Script failed', {'output': ' ', 'base64enc':
1, 'process_end': '2020-02-14- 17:56:28', 'return _code': 256,
'process_start': '2020-02-14 17:56:28'})
Nothing more about "Invalid function call ....."