[Spacewalk-list] Packages listed as available to update, but no update done (Appstream/module issue for redhat8?)

Brodie, Kent brodie at mcw.edu
Wed Feb 19 16:19:06 UTC 2020

Hi- I am testing a couple of version 8 clients for spacewalk (One redhat8, one centos8).

I have a server for each OS doing a full reposync, then I sync the repositories into spacewalk.
No problems so far.

Everything pretty much works great EXCEPT for each of those 2 clients, I have about 16 packages that are listed in Spacewalk as being new versions that can be updated.

But when I try to update those clients, nothing. "No updates available".

I am pretty sure this is related to the new redhat appstream/module functionality.  And I'm guessing that those 16 packages can't actually be upgraded YET because of a module version limitation of something installed on those clients.    (I confirmed this more or less by eliminating spacewalk....   And just using centos/redhat repos.   Same answer:  no updates available).

BUT...  my question is this:     How can I tweak spacewalk (or my repos) so that the Spacewalk doesn't show update packages that I actually can't install?   In other words, those 2 clients should NOT show any updates available to install.......

Is this spacewalk essentially not knowing how to handle modules/appstreams yet?

Thanks for any tips/pointers

-kcb