[Spacewalk-list] [External Sender] Re: missing public key

Larry Clegg lclegg at kyriba.com
Mon Feb 24 20:09:33 UTC 2020

The client was originally provisioned against a Centos6/Spacewalk 2.8
server.  I did the standard client install of the rpms, etc as documented
in the client installation guide.

Since then the 2.8 Spacewalk Server was rebuilt from scratch using Centos 7
and Spacewalk 2.9 and all the clients re-registered.

The SW channels are created on the server using the
spacewalk-common-channels command like this:
/usr/bin/spacewalk-common-channels - u <user> -p <pass> -a x86_64
spacewalk29-client-centos6

I have noticed that the gpg key generated in the SW channel for the 2.9
client looks like this:

GPG key URL:
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/@spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.9-client/pubkey.gpg
GPG key ID: 9BD837BA
GPG key Fingerprint: A353 22CF 3B3F 9C71 101E  B74B 49FC 0FD8 9BD8 37BA

Yet when I download that same pubkey.gpg and examine it I get different
results for the id and fingerprint:

[root at us3-inf-lu-s01 rpm-gpg]# gpg --with-fingerprint
RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2.9
pub  2048R/6E5454FA 2018-11-26 @spacewalkproject_spacewalk-2.9 (None)
<@spacewalkproject#spacewalk-2.9 at copr.fedorahosted.org>
      Key fingerprint = E089 1A20 65C5 4DDD 4E12  B8CA AD32 9E0D 6E54 54FA

I have updated the channel with this ID and Fingerprint but that made no
difference.  I'm very confused at this point.  The client does have a
public key installed which matched the version I get from the gpg
--with-fingerprint command.