[Spacewalk-list] Errata for RHEL systems in Spacewalk

Wenkai Chen wenkai_chen at ensigninfosecurity.com
Fri Feb 28 07:28:51 UTC 2020

Hi Spacewalk users,

I would like to enquire for RHEL systems that are registered to Spacewalk server, do they need to import errata manually?

Currently, for CentOS servers, I am using steve Meier's errata information (http://cefs.steve-meier.de/) to sync errata into Spacewalk server.

I have another Spacewalk server that manages RHEL 7 servers. I currently have 2 RHEL servers that are registered to this Spacewalk server.
I discovered that errata information is given in the Spacewalk web console. I have not perform any errata import from Steve Meier's website.

This Spacewalk server is itself registered onto the Red Hat portal with a subscription.

Does this mean that I can skip the process of importing errata information for RHEL servers?
Thanks in advance.

[A close up of a sign  Description generated with very high confidence]

Chen Wenkai
Infrastructure Security Engineer

       [A picture containing building  Description generated with high confidence] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/ensign-infosecurity/>      [A picture containing tableware  Description generated with high confidence] <https://youtu.be/9J7FkhXpb-4>      [A close up of a sign  Description generated with high confidence] <https://www.facebook.com/EnsignGlobal>

  E:  wenkai_chen at ensigninfosecurity.com
  A:  30A Kallang Place, Level 9 Right Wing, Singapore 339213

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: "This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If this email has been sent to you in error, please delete it immediately and notify us. Please do not copy, distribute or disseminate part or whole of this email if you are not the intended recipient or if you have not been authorized to do so. We reserve the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable laws, to monitor, retain, intercept and block email messages to and from our systems. Thank you."