[Spacewalk-list] Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository

Laurence Rosen lrosen at interactions.com
Tue Jan 7 21:12:33 UTC 2020

I tried everything I could find to resolve this, but the problem persists.
I've tried deleting the channel and its repos and re-created/resync'd

spacewalk 2.9 on centos 7.7.1908

yum clean all
spacecmd softwarechannel_regenerateyumcache centos7_epel

Still my server and one testing client yum -v repolist fails

output from yum repolist:

Yum version: 3.4.3
epel/x86_64/metalink

               |  29 kB  00:00:00
 * base: ftp.heanet.ie
 * epel: mirror.freethought-internet.co.uk
 * extras: ftp.heanet.ie
 * updates: ftp.heanet.ie
base

               | 3.6 kB  00:00:00
extras

               | 2.9 kB  00:00:00
group_spacewalkproject-java-packages

               | 3.3 kB  00:00:00
spacewalk

              | 3.6 kB  00:00:00
updates

              | 2.9 kB  00:00:00

 One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),
failed to retrieve repodata/repomd.xml from centos7_epel
error was [Errno 14] curl#51 - "Unable to communicate securely with peer:
requested domain name does not match the server's certificate."

What logs, etc do I need to look in?  How to troubleshoot this?

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain
Interactions LLC
proprietary information, which is privileged,
confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to the Interactions
LLC. This e-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, copying,
or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this e-mail
is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original
and any copy of
this e-mail and any printout. Thank You.