[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client not checking in on CentOS 7

Nicole Beck nskyrca at syr.edu
Wed Jan 8 14:19:54 UTC 2020

Hi Len,
I had the same problem with centos 7.  I think I had to enable and start the rhnsd.timer as well as rhnsd.service in order for the client to check in.

This is what I have in my notes.

systemctl enable rhnsd.service
systemctl start rhnsd.service

systemctl enable rhnsd.timer
systemctl start rhnsd.timer

[root at gonzo ~]# systemctl is-active rhnsd.timer
active
[root at gonzo ~]#
[root at gonzo ~]# systemctl is-enabled rhnsd.timer
enabled

[root at gonzo ~]# systemctl list-timers
NEXT                         LEFT          LAST PASSED UNIT
Wed 2019-05-29 13:50:43 EDT  5s left       n/a  n/a    systemd-tmpfiles-clean.ti
Wed 2019-05-29 16:10:13 EDT  2h 19min left n/a  n/a    rhnsd.timer

Hope this helps.
Nicole