[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client on centos 8

lists at alderfamily.org lists at alderfamily.org
Wed Jan 29 23:39:36 UTC 2020

It isn't a change in the client that is the problem.  The problem is the method by which the timezone is being read by Spacewalk.  Try pointing just one of the clients at an external repo.  You don't even have to update it via the external repo.  If it doesn't attempt to reinstall existing packages then the issue is definitely as described here (https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/commit/f7f7d76af600841e2fcef704f46baf891201805b).

As far as your question as to how to install it.  It has been awhile since I deployed the patch.  But these are the files you are looking to get.

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/server/importlib/headerSource.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/server/importlib/headerSource.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/server/importlib/headerSource.pyo

And you just want to (backup your original, of course) and mv the v2.10 files over them.  I pulled mine from a nightly build back on November 12, 2019.  The package (spacewalk-backend-server) was NOT installed on my system, I just pulled them from the RPM and replaced the files.  After you do this, you will have to dump all of the contents of the channel and re-sync.  I dumped all of my channels.

I did this on three different Spacewalk systems, it worked each time.

Steve