[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk clean up packages issue

Sulove Khanal skhanal at aplura.com
Thu Jul 9 21:42:14 UTC 2020

Thanks Avi, is that the "sync only latest packages" checkbox on the UI under the Sync tab for a Software Channel?

Out of curiosity, how is this done via the cli?

Regards,
Sulove

On 7/8/20, 6:41 PM, "Avi Miller" <spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of avi.miller at oracle.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    > On 9 Jul 2020, at 3:12 am, Sulove Khanal <skhanal at aplura.com> wrote:
    >
    > My channels sync every night around midnight, so I am thinking Spacewalk is redownloading those packages it has just removed. This didn’t use to happen before maybe 2 months ago, and nothing has changed I believe in my environment to warrant this change; the script was ran and space would not fill out the night after.

    You'll want to check your channel sync scripts to make sure spacewalk-repo-sync is called using the --latest/-n flag (at least for the channels that fill up your disk space) so that Spacewalk doesn't redownload all the old packages you removed. There is also a UI checkbox for this on the Sync tab for a Software Channel.

    Cheers,
    Avi

    --
    Avi Miller