[Spacewalk-list] jpackage for centos 7

Sulove Khanal skhanal at aplura.com
Mon Jul 27 17:46:28 UTC 2020

Hi Michael,

I guess I should clarify my question, I do have the osquery package already installed on my system, but I am looking for a valid repository URL in which spacewalk can check and sync packages from on a nightly (or however frequent) basis. Do you know of any links containing osquery packages? I tried using this as the repository URL (https://pkg.osquery.io/rpm/osquery-s3-rpm.repo), but the syncing does not work. Error below.

[root at spacewalk ~]# spacewalk-repo-sync -c osquery-x86_64 --latest
13:45:43 ======================================
13:45:43 | Channel: osquery-x86_64
13:45:43 ======================================
13:45:43 Sync of channel started.
13:45:43 Repo URL: https://pkg.osquery.io/rpm/osquery-s3-rpm.repo
13:45:43 ERROR: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from osquery-x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
https://pkg.osquery.io/rpm/osquery-s3-rpm.repo/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
13:45:44 Sync of channel completed in 0:00:00.
13:45:44 Total time: 0:00:00
[root at spacewalk ~]# echo $?
1

Regards,
Sulove

On 7/27/20, 2:41 AM, "Michael Mraka" <spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of michael.mraka at redhat.com> wrote:

    Sulove Khanal:
    > Thanks Tomas, additionally I am having trouble finding an osquery repo for centos7 online. I am led to this site on most of my searches (https://osquery.io/downloads/official/4.4.0), but there is no link or URL here that takes me to a repository with a number of packages. This link just takes me to one .rpm file.
    >
    > I was previously using this link, which is giving me errors now and does not sync, https://s3.amazonaws.com/osquery-packages/centos7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml.
    >
    > Do you know where I can get this osquery-x86_64 repo from?

    If you scroll down on the https://osquery.io/downloads/official/4.4.0
    you can see Alternative Install Options > RPM Linux and
    there are some commands which include instalation of
     https://pkg.osquery.io/rpm/osquery-s3-rpm.repo

    > Regards,
    >
    > Sulove

    Michael Mráka