[Spacewalk-list] unable to register base channel using spacewalk-channel

oogiejonz at yahoo.com oogiejonz at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 16:55:48 UTC 2020

We are using a universal registration key for all our redhat servers and have then been registering them to various vase channels using the spacewalk GUI; however, I want to automate this in kickstart.  When I try to manually register a new server I get the following -
# spacewalk-channel --add -c rhel7-tick --user user --password passwordError communicating with server. The message was:
Error Message:    Parent of channel rhel7-tick is not subscribed to serverError Class Code: 32Error Class Info: Channel errorExplanation:     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and     details on how to reproduce this problem.
But rhel7-tick is a parent channel.  I've tried this with two different parent channels and both are throwing this error.