[Spacewalk-list] channels and gpg key fields

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:15:48 UTC 2020

On your spacewalk server, visit /rhn/keys/CryptoKeysList.do and make
sure you add all GPG keys you want your systems to be able to
reference.  In your kickstart profile, visit
rhn/kickstart/KickstartCryptoKeysList.do (System Details, GPG&SSL).
Put a checkbox next to each GPG key you want installed during the
kickstart.  These keys will NOT be imported pre-kickstart so you will
be unable to kickstart-install packages from third-party repos unless
you add those keys during %pre.

We have snippets configured in our kickstart to import the GPG keys
required for all packages during the kickstart.  For example, I have a
snippet as follows for old RHEL 6 stuff:

wget -qO /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
http://$http_server/pub/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 && \
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
if [ "$?" != 0 ]; then
    echo "Failed to import EPEL-7 key"
fi
wget -qO /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2015
http://$http_server/pub/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2015 && \
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2015
if [ "$?" != 0 ]; then
    echo "Failed to import Spacewalk-2015 key"
fi
wget -qO /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-splunk
http://$http_server/pub/RPM-GPG-KEY-splunk && \
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-splunk
if [ "$?" != 0 ]; then
    echo "Failed to import Splunk key"
fi
wget -qO /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-vmware-tools
http://$http_server/pub/RPM-GPG-KEY-vmware-tools && \
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-vmware-tools
if [ "$?" != 0 ]; then
    echo "Failed to import VMware Tools key"
fi

I then reference $SNIPPET('spacewalk/1/import-gpg-keys-el6') as a
"Pre" script in my kickstart profile.  This allows me to install the
splunkforwarder and vmware-tools RPM as part of %packages instead of
later or post-kickstart.

/Brian/