[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart File - Increase Root Partition Size

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:10:05 UTC 2020

In one of my RHEL 7 Kickstart profiles under System Details, Partitioning,
I have the following:
part /boot --fstype=ext4 --size=500
part pv.01 --grow --size=1
volgroup vg0 --pesize=32768 pv.01
logvol swap --fstype=swap --name=swap --vgname=vg0 --size=16384
logvol / --fstype=xfs --name=root --vgname=vg0 --size=8192 --maxsize=51200
--grow
logvol /var --fstype=xfs --name=var --vgname=vg0 --size=8192

You're example is incorrect because you're trying to use a volume group
(vg) name per volume.  With one physical disk, you'll have one volume group
(i.e. vg0 or vgboot or whatever).  Each logical volume that is part of the
OS will have a different lv-name but the same vg-name.

/Brian/