[Spacewalk-list] [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Re: End of life for Spacewalk project?

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:27:51 UTC 2020

Bringing Uyuni back to CentOS shouldn't be too bad. I'm starting with
Fedora because there's a lot more stuff packaged there, and having a
working state on Fedora is 80% of the work for bringing it to CentOS 8
anyway. Once I get it working on Fedora, then it should be
straightforward to get it working on CentOS 8.

The Uyuni folks have committed to maintaining upstream support for
Fedora and CentOS once it's supported again in the upstream tree. They
haven't broken too much of the Fedora/CentOS server support. The main
thing is that they switched from YUM to Zypper for some things, and
that's not possible to support on CentOS. They've already approved
switching to DNF as a community feature, so once that's done, it's
just filling in any missing packages. :)