[Spacewalk-list] Enquiries on Spacewalk project ending on May 31, 2020

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri May 29 12:18:47 UTC 2020

Wenkai Chen:
> HI Spacewalk,
>
> I would like to clarify the following points in regards to the Spacewalk project ending on May 31, 2020.
>
> After May 31 2020, will we able to:
>
>   1.  Sync existing repositories created in Spacewalk with the latest packages in the CentOS and RHEL upstream repos?
>   2.  Download and sync new errata for repositories created in Spacewalk that are syncing to RHEL upstream repositories?
>   3.  Download and sync new errata from http://cefs.steve-meier.de/ for CentOS errata?
>   4.  Send support enquiries to spacewalk-list at redhat.com<mailto:spacewalk-list at redhat.com> for any product issues related to Spacewalk version 2.9 or 2.10, and have them answered?

Hello all,

Red Hat is discontinuing project on May 31. This means we will no longer
commit new code into it or fix bugs (even critical security ones). After
this day you can still use it as you did until today. Your existing
servers will not be affected in any way.

You can still
- install new servers and clients,
- sync whatever content you've already created,
- create new content, register new clients,
- use (and fork) source code on github,
- etc.

I can't speak for content on cefs.steve-meier.de because it is not Red Hat managed.

Spacewalk-list at redhat.com will continue to work but I'd like to make it
clear... It is not a Spacewalk support list, it is a community
discussion about the usage of Spacewalk, among Spacewalk users. And it's
definitely a great community. If you post a question or ask for help I'm
sure other members will try their best to help you but they are not
obliged to. For a commercial grade support with SLAs you have to look
for a commercial product.

Best regards,

--
Michael Mráka