[Spacewalk-list] [EXTERNAL] New install of Spacewalk 2.7 just showing white screen on web interface

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Apr 30 21:02:24 UTC 2021

Hey folks

> On 1 May 2021, at 5:53 am, Maglinger, Paul <PMAGLINGER at scvl.com> wrote:
>
> I might need to go with the PostgreSQL database.  We’re a heavy Oracle shop, but it just seems like we keeping hitting a wall when we try to get it to work together.  I’ll throw this server together next week and see if I have any better luck.

Our builds work great with PostgreSQL, we just don't officially support it (for reasons that should be obvious). If you are running PostgreSQL, I strongly encourage you to consider moving jabberd's database to it as well. I even wrote a blog about how to do that: https://omg.dje.li/2017/03/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-a-postgresql-backend/

Cheers,
Avi

--
Avi Miller
Senior Solution Architect: Developer Adoption

Phone: +61.3.8616.3496
Preferred pronouns: he/him/his