[Spacewalk-list] channel weirdness

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 17:09:55 UTC 2021

There are a couple of things to check.  When you promote a channel
using spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle, it takes a while for spacewalk to
generate the new yum metadata (could be 5-15 minutes depending on your
server and other activities).  You can run "ls -ltr /var/cache/rhn/repodata
| tail" to see if the channel you promoted has updated the metadata.  Also,
yum-based systems typically cache the repodata locally for six hours.
Unless you run "yum clean metadata" and "yum check-update" manually, it
could be up to six hours before your hosts see the updated repodata from
Spacewalk.  This can be lowered in /etc/yum.conf on each client, but it
will add more load to your spacewalk server.

/Brian/