[Spacewalk-list] channel weirdness

Bill ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Wed Jul 14 15:36:29 UTC 2021

The .new is from taskomatic updating the repository.  It creates the .new to allow systems to continue to receive the “older” repository information until it has completed the task.  When taskomatic finishes, it moves the .new to the expected files.  If this hasn’t completed, then you will want to check taskomatic and/or recreate the repodata for that channel.

Check the taskomatic logs on the spacewalk to see what is going on.  -->    /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log

Restart taskomatic and check the logs.

Recreate the cache:  (If doing the move, any systems checking in could receive errors.  If you have abrt enabled on your systems, you could see yum or rhn generate errors.)

Move /var/cache/rhn/repodata/prod-centos7-x86_64 to another location
spacewalk-api --server={spacewalk-fqdn} --user={ID} --password={my_secret}  channel.software.regenerateYumCache %session% prod-centos7-x86_64

Thanks and good luck