[Tendrl-devel] Impact on tendrl due to BZ 1404110 - POSIX_SAME_GFID event seen for .trashcan folder and .trashcan/internal_op ?

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:36:37 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri
<pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Will

>>> if
>>>
>>> Alright. So, I'd like to propose this approach. What would a Gluster
>>> storage admin do (in absence of Tendrl) in order to deal with this
>>> notification and the event which caused it? Are there specific
>>> sequence of steps which (s)he would perform and thus additional new
>>> flows need to be built into Tendrl? Or, is this a (benign?) event
>>> which is more of warning/information and no further (remedial) action
>>> is required by the admin?
>>>

>> +Pranith - could you chime in with your thoughts here?
>>

> Storage admin should try to fix the directory gfids to make sure two
> directories won't have same gfid. This log/event is added to help people
> who want to fix the directory gfids by giving the two directory path names.
> So if I am a storage admin and I see this issue I will need to immediately
> call redhat support and give these events/logs which will make life easier
> for GSS to fix the issue.

For the moment, let us assume that this is running community Gluster
on CentOS. What actions is the admin expected to undertake? What is
the process of fixing the directory gfids - is this something that is
usually undertaken from the 'shell'?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>