[Tendrl-devel] Issues while setting up tendrl with gluster bridge and executing a volume creation

Shubhendu Tripathi shtripat at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 06:24:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

I followed the below steps and running into few issues as mentioned down.

1. Installed etcd on fedora24 node and its up and running. Able to
submit jobs to it.
2. Created 2 gluster nodes (centos7) and setup bridge_common and
gluster_bridge on these nodes. I had to build gluster locally from
https://github.com/samikshan/glusterfs/tree/getstatecli as command
"gluster get-state" is not yet available in nightly builds.
3. While starting tendrl-gluster-bridge ran into an issue where command
"gluster get-state" is not correct in
tendrl/gluster_bridge/manager/manager.py. Actually it should be
mentioned as "gluster get-state glusterd odir <path>" and not "gluster
daemon get-state odir <path>" as available in master of gluster-bridge.
Corrected the same locally in my setup and then tendrl-gluster-bridge
starts fine and sarts creating glusterd state files.
4. Now I ran sample volume creation test program
tendrl/gluster_bridge/etc/create_api_job.py which submits a job to etcd.
Had to do change etcd node and port reference. It does create the volume
creation job in etcd and I can see the job using URL "http://<ctcd host
ip>:2379/v2/keys/api_job_queue/" with status as "processing".

Now after step-4 actual issues I face is that tendrl-gluster-bridge
hangs and stops creating glusterd state files, and the volume creation
job remains in processing state itself.
Also I dont see a volume created on the gluster cluster (checking using
"gluster volume status all").

Need support to resolve this.
@Rohan, I had scheduled a BJ session to debug the same at 11:30 AM IST
today, but as you dont seem to be online, can you suggest me a new time
when we can debug and close the issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Shubhendu