[Tendrl-devel] Integration with ManageIQ/CloudForms

Jeff Applewhite japplewh at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 14:29:48 UTC 2016

Hi Mike

Yes there are plans and we have had some discussions along these lines. It
would make an excellent extension to Tendrl capabilities because ultimately
having management of your virtual and cloud infrastructure along with
storage has great benefit to operators. Please let us know what you find
out from the ManageIQ community. I think the advantage we provide is a
single integration point and a management backplane for SDS that means
potentially one provider for Ceph, Gluster and future storage technologies.

The initial challenge is to get ManageIQ schemas updated to accommodate
data from Tendrl APIs related to Ceph and Gluster. Mrugesh and Anup have
done some work around this already so perhaps they can share what they have
found.

Thanks

Jeff

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Mike Hulsman <mike.hulsman at proxy.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans to integrate Tendrl with RedHat project
> ManageIQ/CloudForms ?
> ManageIQ/CloudForms is the tool to manage Virtualisation and Cloud
> environments.
>
> Would be nice if we can also manage SDS with ManageIQ by using Tendrl as a
> provider.
> I will also ask around in the ManageIQ community if they heard of Tendrl
> and want to integrate.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mike Hulsman
>
> Proxy Managed Services B.V. | www.proxy.nl | Enterprise IT-Infra, Open
> Source and Cloud Technology
> Delftweg 128 3043 NB Rotterdam The Netherlands | +31 10 307 0965

Jeff Applewhite
Principal Product Manager