[Tendrl-devel] Frontend tool stack: choices made

Soumya Deb deb at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 11:38:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

Karnan, Neha and I, spent some time last week to re-evaluate the necessary
tool stack and set up the base for the Tendrl frontend development.

Most of the time we tend to skip this step in favor of more "pressing"
issues, and reach quick resolution by saying, "oh I know... I'll use X
cause I already know how to use it, it's popular, and I've used it in my
last project too".

Breaking free of that custom is harder than it seems, but I think it's for
the best of the product. It's not always done-in-one-go process as well.
But we took a first stab, and tried documenting it:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1t9hiYvvEHbE1QzZbfYamkkGILJWs9LoGa_jJ6PUv8XM/edit

This is just the beginning, and would expand to all the tool choices we
would eventually make. We'll move the contents to github-wiki for the
frontend repo as their final home (slideshow may not be the best solution
for the stuff in hand), but opening the thread up to gather feedback around
the choices made (or even better - how it's made, or can be done more
efficiently).

Thanks!

P.S: for now, it's open to be commented by anyone with a Red Hat account.
Which is a shortcoming - I understand and sorry for that. Till we move to
github wiki, please use this thread to raise your thoughts, if you don't
have a Red Hat ID.