[Tendrl-devel] installation instructions for Tendrl components

Martin Kudlej mkudlej at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 13:27:54 UTC 2016

Hi Rohan,

I write email because there are common comments for more tickets(TEN-53, TEN-54, TEN-55, TEN-57):
1) I would like to start discussion about environment supported by Tendrl. I think it is required to
define install instructions for supported OSes. I expect that there will be many common parts and
differences will be only because of different packaging systems. What OSes would we like to support
for Tendrl 1.0?
I've tried to define install instructions for CentOS 7 minimal install.

2) Common install instructions for all Tendrl components for CentOS 7. I've installed only Git, Epel
repo and Pip
rpm -iUvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-8.noarch.rpm
yum install git
yum install python-pip

Is there any software required for running Tendrl components? I expect that I should install for
example Etcd, should I?

3) bridge_common:
git clone https://github.com/Tendrl/bridge_common.git

try to install all requirements from requirements.txt(many of requirements are common with other
Tendrl components):
yum install python-pbr
pip install python-etcd
yum install python-dateutil.noarch
yum install python-gevent
yum install pytz
yum install gcc
pip install oslo.log

python setup.py install

4) ceph_bridge:
git clone https://github.com/Tendrl/ceph_bridge.git

try to install all requirements:
yum install python2-msgpack

python setup.py install

There are unsatisfied imports. I've tried to run command installed to /usr/bin:
$ /usr/bin/tendrl_ceph_bridge
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/tendrl_ceph_bridge", line 6, in <module>
     from ceph_bridge.manager.manager import main
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_bridge/manager/manager.py", line 14, in <module>
     from ceph_bridge.manager.cluster_monitor import ClusterMonitor
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_bridge/manager/cluster_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>
     from ceph_bridge.manager.crush_node_request_factory \
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_bridge/manager/crush_node_request_factory.py", line
5, in <module>
     from ceph_bridge.manager.server_monitor import ServiceId
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_bridge/manager/server_monitor.py", line 24, in <module>
     from ceph_bridge.log import LOG as tendrl_log
ImportError: cannot import name LOG

5) gluster_bridge:
git clone https://github.com/Tendrl/gluster_bridge.git
python setup.py install

I've tried to run tendrl_gluster_bridge:
$ /usr/bin/tendrl_gluster_bridge
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/tendrl_gluster_bridge", line 6, in <module>
     from gluster_bridge.manager.manager import main
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gluster_bridge/manager/manager.py", line 17, in <module>
     from gluster_bridge.persistence.persister import Persister
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gluster_bridge/persistence/persister.py", line 1, in <module>
     from etcdobj import Server as etcd_server
ImportError: No module named etcdobj

Should I install Etcd and/or any Python modules?

6) node_agent:
git clone https://github.com/Tendrl/node_agent.git
python setup.py install

Could I try to create pull request to Tendrl documentation with these instructions? I think there
are common part, so they can be shared to another Tendrl repos.

I move all TEN-53, TEN-54, TEN-55, TEN-57 back to "In Progress" because tasks are not completed from
my perspective.
Thank you for fixing these issues.

--
Best Regards,