[Tendrl-devel] Troubleshooting/diagnosing storage node detection issues

Jeff Applewhite japplewh at redhat.com
Mon Jun 19 19:01:33 UTC 2017

Hi All

 I have taken on the unofficial role of tester of Tendrl in a variety of
virtual environments. My status thus far is:

Two additional disks have been added to storage nodes in these
environments. I run the storage node ansible setup from tendrl-ansible..

Node detection works in:

   - Digital Ocean (with recent bug fix)
   - QCOW / KVM testbeds

Does not work in:

   - GCE
   - VirtualBox (see Vagrantfile for setup in tendrl-ansible repo)

Have not yet tested:

   - AWS
   - Bare metal hardware!

*How can I troubleshoot or get valuable logs for diagnosing/fixing the
underlying issues/filing bugs?* I suspect they are hardware detection
related but this is just a guess without evidence. In many cases I see
nothing of use in /var/log/messages file.

Thanks,

​~Jeff