[Tendrl-devel] extraneous packages in tendrl dependencies repository

Martin Bukatovic mbukatov at redhat.com
Thu May 18 08:21:00 UTC 2017

Dear all,

during review of upstream rpm validation tests we noticed issues with
packages:

* rubygem-sinatra
* rubygem-sinatra-doc
* rubygem-tilt
* rubygem-tilt-doc

See full report here:

https://ci.centos.org/view/Tendrl/job/tendrl-0-2-package-validation-rpmdeplint/292/testReport/

As this log line shows:

```
[06:08:34,097] [ FAIL     ] test_rpm::
rubygem-sinatra-1.4.5-1.el7.centos.noarch would be upgraded by
rubygem-sinatra-1:1.4.8-2.el7.noarch from repo fedora-epel
```

We have package rubygem-sinatra-1.4.5-1.el7.centos.noarch in
tendrl dependencies repository[1], while epel7 contains already
rubygem-sinatra-1:1.4.8-2.el7.noarch[2]

This shows that we are rebuilding package, which is already
available in epel, and our version is older - which means that
it would not be used as epel one would be installed as an update
when yum update is run.

For this reason, we should drop all affected packages from tendrl
dependencies repository.

[1]
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/tendrl/dependencies/build/538791/
[2] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=884515