[Tendrl-devel] rpm nvr for snapshot builds

Martin Bukatovic mbukatov at redhat.com
Wed May 24 08:16:07 UTC 2017

On 05/23/2017 08:21 PM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Martin Bukatovic <mbukatov at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> which breaks Fedora packaging guidelines for packaging snapshot
>> builds[2] and creates problem with pairing the build with
>> commit/code used to create it.
>
> Are these new Version-Releases generated regardless of whether there
> are any code changes?

Right now, packages in tendrl/tendrl (and tendrl-develop) copr are
created no matter if the same version has been build previously, as
there is no information which commit the build is based on.

If we change the workflow and include commit id into release
information, we can decide not to rebuild the package if nothing
has changed - if that would suit our needs better.

--
Martin Bukatovic
USM QE team