[Tendrl-devel] Old/not required packages in Tendrl cop repos

Daniel Horák dahorak at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 08:12:30 UTC 2018

On 06/05/18 19:30, Timothy Asir Jeyasingh wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Daniel Horák <dahorak at redhat.com
> <mailto:dahorak at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Tim and all,
>
>     I've reviewed RPM package validation tests results[1], and there seems
>     to be some (possible) issues in tendrl/release and tendrl/dependencies
>     repos.
>
>     (tendrl/release)
>     * Packages tendrl-node-selinux and tendrl-server-selinux were replaced
>        by tendrl-selinux, right? Do we need to have the two older
>     (separated)
>        packages still available in the Copr repo?
>
> Sure, I will remove the older packages.

Thanks

>     (tendrl/dependencies)
>     * Packages http-parser, http-parser-devel and python2-ruamel-yaml are
>        available also in base CentOS repo and in higher version than what
>        we have in tendrl-dependencies repo. Could it be removed?
>
> Yes we can remove http-parser. However we need to check with the latest
> version of python2-ruamel-yaml. It should not break anything with the
> latest one.
>
> @Daniel Any idea how tendrl works with latest version of this package ?
> Have you ever tried with latest version of these packages?

@Tim - the version of python2-ruamel-yaml from epel repository is
higher, than what we are providing in the tendrl-dependencies repo
and tendrl-commons package doesn't depend on specific version. So
the newest package will be always installed - which means the version
from epel repository:

   python2-ruamel-yaml.x86_64  0.12.14-9.el7.centos  tendrl-dependencies
   python2-ruamel-yaml.x86_64  0.13.14-1.el7         epel

Regards,
Daniel