[Thincrust-devel] Appliance Operating System (AOS) Spin submission

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 11:23:41 UTC 2008

I would like to submit for approval an Appliance Operating System (AOS)
Spin. This spin is part of the appliance-tools feature [1] and also part
of the thincrust project [2]. The Kickstart file can be found in the
repo [3] but I have flattened it and attached it to this email.

The goal of this spin is to provide a minimal base upon which software
appliances can be built. The main deployment for appliances is expected
to be virtual machine, but since there are no kernel changes this could
work bare metal as well. This would be the fedora implementation of a
JeOS [4].

We would like to target this for Fedora 10. Please let me know what next
steps would be.

Thank you.

-- bk

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/appliance-tools