[Thincrust-devel] ec2-creator merge into appliance-tools

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 16:18:45 UTC 2008

Joey Boggs wrote:
> I've logged into the image and didn't see anything that stood out, can
> you rebundle it once more and create another instance?  I also tried my
> image which iptables was on from last night, chkconfig'd it off then
> rebundled/uploaded  and it seems to be working fine.
>
> We should probably look into flushing the default iptables rules and
> just leave it set to start on boot
>
> %   ec2Appliance.ks
> firewall --disabled

ok.. I rebuilt, rebundled, and reloaded and it worked. If anyone would
like to look at it, do the following (assming you have elastic-fox):

1) Locate ami-29f21640
2) Edit your default security group (or any group). Add a group
permission for CIDR 0.0.0.0/0 TCP/IP from 3000 to 3000.
3) Launch the ami in this security group, using your personal key.
4) You should then be abl to ssh into it with login/password
root/thincrust or be able to access the web console on port 3000.

Nice work joey. Couple of comments:

- Can you add a -n attribute so I can name it what I want?
- is there any way to autodetect the inputtype based on the imagefile?
- There is a slight type in the hlp for inputtype.

-- bk