[Thincrust-devel] Thincrust AMIs

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 12:10:06 UTC 2008

This was bounced over the wekeend. I am posting it here. Joey or David,
have you seen this:

<post>

Attempted to extend and rebundle the thincrust F10 ami (ami-3e56b257) ..
but it failed when doing ec2-bundle-vol.

  mount: could not find any free loop device
ERROR: execution failed: "mount -o loop
/mnt/my-thincrust-f10-base-20081221 /mnt/img-mnt"

losetup -a

returned nothing.

I modified modprobe.conf with
options loop max_loop=8

which I don't think should be required. When doing
modprobe loop

got
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.16-xenU/modules.dep: No such file
or directory

So, I'm presuming I can't rebundle the F10 image due to either some
issue with the F10 image or when Amazon is injecting the kernel and
libraries.

jon

--
"Don't stand still, if you see me running down the road, 'cause there is
trouble right behind me".