[Thincrust-devel] ec2-creator update

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 13:08:55 UTC 2008

Following David's work for an appliance-creator based plugin to
livecd-creator, I've been doing the same to make an ec2-creator. I just
finished the rough draft today minus the local ec2 building commands
being integrated and produced a F9 AOS image running the F8 EC2 kernel.
I'll clean up the code tomorrow, then try to build in a newer working
EC2 kernel and submit the patches to appliance-tools by early next week.

The creator is integrated to make the initial kickstart built image but
due to constraints within the livecd-creator modules it will take the
created image and remount it. After that it will make the changes
necessary and then output an EC2 ready ami.

Hardcoded specifics for kernels and how to deal with them will come
shortly for now the creator uses the F8 kernel.

Joey