[Thincrust-devel] selinux security context

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 20:58:22 UTC 2008

David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 19:35 -0500, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>> What we are missing right now is any tooling around appliance
>>> deployment, because we have no appliance packaging ;) Once we had that,
>>> the flow would be more like 'download appliance package', 'run deploy
>>> tool to extract everything into proper places', 'run virt-image on that
>>> to create VM'[1]
>> Why not make virt-image be that tool? It could deploy, or run in place
>> based on a command line arg?
>
> Sure .. what I was getting at in a roundabout way is that that
> functionality needs to be implemented first. And that requires that we
> settle on a reasonable packaging format for appliances.

So is there a difference between "libvirt XML" and "virtimg
XML"?

I have been tinkering around with some of the python-virtinst code to
convert the appliance-creator generated xml to vmware, however the code
is not very straight froward and Im not seeing any good doc on it.

I am mainly getting confused between the virt-inst and virt-convert code
as they seem to have similar functionality.  Virt-inst seems to use
ImageParser and UnWarem, and virt-convert uses vmcfg and some other
templates that are confusing.

What I want to do is creating an IMAGE object that describes the config
then use it to generate the xml files.

What should be the best way to do this?

-D