[Thincrust-devel] unresolved deps on ppc64

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 21:59:10 UTC 2008

David Huff wrote:
>> Problem with appliance-tools
>>
>> Appliance-tools relays on qemu-img to convert the disk format of an
>> appliance, however it looks like qemu is not included on ppc64.  Since
>> applaince-tools is noarch I don't think that I can  define the valid
>> arches in the spec file with ExclusiveArch.
>>
>> I would like to keep the package noarch if passable any suggestions?
>>
>> -D
>>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-8868

What I am going to do is take out the "requires: qemu-img" in the spec
and add logic to appliance-cretor that checks for the qemu-img rpm when
you used the --format option.  If its not installed it will exit with a
error which also states that qemu is not available on ppc64.

I think in the long run we will move to virt-convert where we will not
have this issue.

I will finish this up moday and should have a new build for F-9 and F-10.

-D