[Thincrust-devel] Re: [Ovirt-devel] unable to add hosts in web admin tool

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 14:53:04 UTC 2008

>>> You can also reinstall ovirt-appliance image and try
>>> http://ovirt.org/page/TroubleShooting#Debugging_oVirt_Appliance_firstboot

> I don't think the appliance is set up to use a serial console by
> default...  This is something the Thincrust folks might want to change
> to their default appliance creation scripts.  (cc'd thincrust-devel for
> this)

Right, default console is tty, not serial, but at the above URL I gave instructions how to change that in the image _before_ running it for the first time. After that virsh console ovirt-appliance should show boot messages - have you done that procedure and still don't see anything on serial console?