[Thincrust-devel] [Fwd: [Fedora-spins] Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)]

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 13:41:41 UTC 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Can you guys please (today) check out the latest code, and execute the
> release engineering steps [1] to make sure that we have everything set
> up for rel-eng?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- bk

I ran a test from the current ks in the kickstart pool at
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git, I did hit a
space problem and had to bump the size to 550M.

Unable to create appliance : Unable to install: [('installing package
kernel-2.6.27-0.323.rc6.fc10.x86_64 needs 91MB on the
/var/tmp/imgcreate-_aG9G5/install_root filesystem', (9,
'/var/tmp/imgcreate-_aG9G5/install_root', 95195136L))]
Unable to create appliance : Unable to install: [('installing package

I guess adding selinux added some space??  After increasing the
partition size in the kickstart file the appliance built successfully.
The resulted booted appliance has a / portion of 517M and uses 484M.

After zipping the image and xml file the binary image is 114M.

I also noticed that the root pw is not set.

-D