[Thincrust-devel] new appliance-tools build

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 18:39:44 UTC 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> David Huff wrote:
>> We have added several new features to the appliance-tools RPM and ran
>> a new build, appliance-tools-003-4.fc10 [1]
>

> Couple of things:
>
> 1) You do not validate the format tag until later in the process, but
> then you default to raw. Dont know if it should error out or now.

The reason that I did it this way is b/c it calls qemu convert under the
covers and a-c doesn't know or care what formats it supports.  So if
more formats are added to qemu convent, or we switch it to useing
virt-convert (which we should probly do when virt-convert becomes more
mature) there will be minimum code changes.  Would be trivial to add
extra logic however it seemed a better implementation to me.

> 2) this command:
>
> appliance-creator --cache /root/cache --name fedora-aos --config
> fedora-aos.ks -f qcow2 --vmem 756 --vcpu 2

try --vmem=int --vcpu=int i think b/c their integers you need the = sign.

> Gets me a vm with only 1 cpu defined.
>

> 3) Do you want to reference the livecd-tools in the man pages?

I guess this would be a good idea since we extend it.  However not sure
if the users care or not.