[Thincrust-devel] how to remove ACE?

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Sun Aug 9 21:10:26 UTC 2009

Marek Goldmann wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2009, at 3:24 AM, Joey Boggs wrote:
>
>> Marek Goldmann wrote:
>>> I'm using appliance-creator to create appliances and want to exclude
>>> ACE from list of packages to install. Is there a simple way to
>>> remove ACE from appliance? I tried to add "-ace" to kickstart file,
>>> but this hadn't helped.
>>>
>>> Currently I'm using libguestfs to remove ACE, but this isn't very
>>> nice approach (takes time).
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> Are you using a custom kickstart file or the sample one provided by
>> the appliance-tools package?
>
> I'm using a custom kickstart file.
>
> Example one: http://gist.github.com/164718 and base-pkgs.ks:
> http://gist.github.com/164719

Your kickstart is trying to configure itself as if it was using ace.
Based on the packages section you must have a dependency in one of them
that's pulling in ace. Also is there any reason that it's configuring
itself for ace in the kickstart if it's not being used on boot?

/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 ace on
mkdir /etc/sysconfig/ace
touch /etc/sysconfig/ace/appliancename
echo httpd-appliance >> /etc/sysconfig/ace/appliancename
echo jboss-jgroups-appliance >> /etc/sysconfig/ace/appliancename
echo front-end-appliance >> /etc/sysconfig/ace/appliancename

%packages --excludedocs --nobase
jboss-cloud-management

%include base-pkgs.ks
httpd-appliance