[Thincrust-devel] Fedora 12 issues

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:46:22 UTC 2009

I am having an issue with appliance-creator and fedora 12.  when I attempt
to make any appliance it spits out a python error:

# appliance-creator -n test --config
/usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-aos.ks -o /srv/test/
Warning: The kernel was unable to re-read the partition table on /dev/loop1
(Invalid argument).  This means Linux won't know anything about the
modifications you made until you reboot.  You should reboot your computer
before doing anything with /dev/loop1.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/appliance-creator", line 164, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/bin/appliance-creator", line 148, in main
    creator.mount("NONE", options.cachedir)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line 515, in
mount
    self._mount_instroot(base_on)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/appcreate/appliance.py", line 159,
in _mount_instroot
    self.__instloop.mount()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/appcreate/partitionedfs.py", line
221, in mount
    self.__format_disks()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/appcreate/partitionedfs.py", line
65, in __format_disks
    raise MountError("Error writing partition table on %s" % d.device)
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'device'

Any idea what is going on?  Is this a known bug?

My version is:
appliance-tools-004.4-3.fc12.noarch
I am on f12 64 bit

-Thomas Hatch