[Thincrust-devel] generating scsi disks

Mike Schmidt mike.schmidt at intello.com
Thu Jan 8 02:20:31 UTC 2009

Hi, everybody. I'm new to this group and really like the idea of
thincrust and what I've seen so far. However, I'm limited in my
available hardware ...
So, I've played with thincrust some, but can't seem to convert the
resulting machines to run on vmware esxi. In particualr, the cobbler
sample machine. I believe this is because the thincrust machines are
generated with ide disks, which seem to be ok on vmware workstation and
vmware server, but esxi doesn't support ide disks. How can we tell the
kickstart file to generate scsi disks?

Thanks alot for any help you may be able to provide.

Mike