[Thincrust-devel] trying ace-0.0.5

Aron Griffis aron at hp.com
Tue Jan 20 15:02:29 UTC 2009

Bryan Kearney wrote:  [Thu Jan 15 2009, 08:35:56PM EST]
> Aron Griffis wrote:
>> Bryan Kearney wrote:  [Mon Jan 12 2009, 08:59:12AM EST]
>>> You are correct.. this was a mistake with the doco. I have updtated
>>> the  site.
>>
>> Cool, thanks.
>>
>>> The default network is created by libvirt when it is started.
>>> Can you  please check the status of the libvirtd service? If it
>>> is not started,  please start it and try the virt-image command
>>> again.
>>
>> Seems to be broken on my rawhide install.  Could be a problem
>> with the fact that I'm still running the f10 kernel, since the
>> rawhide initrd doesn't presently work on my machines.
>
> So.. just to confirm.. you built on a rawhide machine and then tried to
> run it on an F10 machine?

I built the appliance on a rawhide machine using the 0.0.5 tools
presently in rawhide.  I pointed the ks file at F10, though, so
the appliance is F10 internally.

I tried two things:

1. Run the appliance on a rawhide machine which is stuck on the
   F10 kernel.  This didn't work because libvirtd isn't setting
   up the default network.  I haven't investigated further yet,
   since presumably it will work again when I can use the rawhide
   kernel.

2. Run the appliance on a pure F10 machine.  That's when
   I discovered that the appliance is missing the initrd, as
   shown below.

Make sense?