[Thincrust-devel] Issues with Thincrust in F11

David P. Quigley dpquigl at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue Oct 20 21:24:52 UTC 2009

Hello,
    I am working on trying to make extremely light weight SELinux
enabled VMs with Thincrust and I have run into an issue. It works well
with the base configuration and I am able to get an SELinux enabled
system up and running however when I try to remove packages they endup
in the installed system anyway. Even the packages that are initial
listed in the kickstart file as being excluded are still there. For
example the fedora-aos.ks file has a -wireless-tools line indicating
that wireless-tools shouldn't be installed. However in the final image
wireless-tools and all of the other packages marked with a - are there.
I tried adding new packages such as plymouth but it seems to be ignored
as well. Any suggestions on what I should try. I added a -v to the
appliance-creator line and it didn't provide much information.

Dave