[Thincrust-devel] Issues with Thincrust in F11

David P. Quigley dpquigl at tycho.nsa.gov
Fri Oct 23 14:58:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 17:54 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 10/20/2009 05:24 PM, David P. Quigley wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      I am working on trying to make extremely light weight SELinux
> > enabled VMs with Thincrust and I have run into an issue. It works well
> > with the base configuration and I am able to get an SELinux enabled
> > system up and running however when I try to remove packages they endup
> > in the installed system anyway. Even the packages that are initial
> > listed in the kickstart file as being excluded are still there. For
> > example the fedora-aos.ks file has a -wireless-tools line indicating
> > that wireless-tools shouldn't be installed. However in the final image
> > wireless-tools and all of the other packages marked with a - are there.
> > I tried adding new packages such as plymouth but it seems to be ignored
> > as well. Any suggestions on what I should try. I added a -v to the
> > appliance-creator line and it didn't provide much information.
>

> Once the image is built, can you try and remove the rpms (such as
> wireless-tools) and see what the dependencies are?
>
> can you send along the ks you are using?
>
> -- bk

I tried to remove an rpm and find its dependencies but it seems that all
images I build at this point freeze with some sort of video corruption
at the end of the boot process. One example of a package with no
dependencies is the rhpl package. I'm not sure what pulled it in but
there is a -rhpl line in the kick start file so it should be removed but
is in the final image.

You'll find the kick start that I am using attached to the email. The
few differences is that I've enabled SELinux and installed the necessary
selinux packages.