[Thincrust-devel] Exception imgcreate.errors.MountError: MountError("Failed to unmap partitions for '/dev/loop0'",)???

Kamesh Jayachandran kamesh at collab.net
Sat Sep 12 14:26:41 UTC 2009

When I start the appliance creation I get the following warning

<snip>
Add primary part at 0 of size 2048
Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition
/dev/loop0p1 -- Invalid argument.  This means Linux won't know about any
changes you made to /dev/loop0p1 until you reboot -- so you shouldn't
mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
Warning: The kernel was unable to re-read the partition table on
/dev/loop0 (Invalid argument).  This means Linux won't know anything
about the modifications you made until you reboot.  You should reboot
your computer before doing anything with /dev/loop0.
Dev loop0p1: /dev/loop01 -> /dev/mapper/loop0p1
</snip>

But when I continue building the appliance it works successfully if I am
*not* including the jdk rpm which is 68M in size.

If I include the jdk rpm in my kickstart I get the error I originally
reported, May be the size of jdk rpm is triggering some
environmental/application issue.

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran