[Thincrust-devel] default fedora-aos.ks needs more space and less command

Daniel Gomez daniel at ixplosive.com
Thu Sep 16 21:03:26 UTC 2010

  I thought I'd share something obvious but may be helpful to some new
to the software.

The default 'fedora-aos.ks' file is not able to produce a working image
due to a lack of space. Possible due to the new size requirements from
recent rpm updates.

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 13 (Goddard)

# rpm -qf /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-aos.ks
fedora-kickstarts-0.13.5-1.fc13.noarch

# diff /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-aos.ks /tmp/fedora-aos.ks
24c24
< part / --size 550 --fstype ext3 --ondisk sda
---
 > part / --size 560 --fstype ext3 --ondisk sda
55a56
 > less
#

As seen by the attachments, the first error was simply a lack of space
created for the raw image. Adding 10MB fixed that. In the second error,
the absence of the 'less' RPM caused the mkinitrd command to fail, so I
added that too.

-Daniel Gomez