[Thincrust-devel] partition alignment

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at computer.org
Fri Mar 4 16:12:24 UTC 2011

I notice the following warning message when using appliance-creator:

Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best
performance.
['/']

I searched around and found various solutions that people suggest for
this. But it's also unclear to me how important alignment is for virtual
disks.

Could someone comment on whether this has much/any impact on the
performance of the VM? Would it be possible or make sense for
appliance-creator to optimize alignment when creating the partition?

Thanks,

	-Kartik