Re: Can tux 'proxy' for the user space daemon?

On 7 Oct 2000, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I still think it would be cool if there was some hack to make this
> work- perhaps a TUX "gateway" module could do it? Instead of handing
> off a request directly to apache, maybe a (user-space) TUX module
> could hand it off and then return control back to TUX when the page
> has been delivered. Is such a "gateway" TUX module viable?

depends on the complexity of the module. If it's simple functionality then
it might be best to write a dedicated TUX module for it, without Apache.

but if it's too complex then the same code that is used to hand a TCP
connection over to Apache can be used by Apache to send a connection back
to TUX as well. A new branch of the TUX system-call could handle this.

	Ingo