HTTP Proxy

Igor and friends,

Have you considered implementing http proxy capabilities in a TUX kernel
module? It seems like TUX is the ideal place for a proxy.

* That I know of, no one has implemented a really good (free) proxy that
can perform the new functions in HTTP 1.1 spec.

* The HTTP 1.1 proxy features include some HTTP headers directly related
to caching. TUX seems well suited to handling these.

* Special cases like HTTP->FTP can be passed on to Apache.

* Could the FTP "Proxy" module used in the firewall modules be used for
HTTP->FTP? (I'm not a kernel hacker. Ignore that question if it's
stupid.):-)

Darrin